Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Daily Stats: Columbia, MO to Boulder, CO (7/5)



Miles travelled: 749 mi. (our longest stretch of driving so far!)


Major roads travelled: I-70, I-70, I-70 ... did I mention I-70?


Facts learned: Missouri ties with Tennessee as the most neighborly state in the US; it borders Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennesee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kansas (thanks Ibby!). Speed limit increases to 75 mph in Kansas. Boulder, located at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, sits at 5,430 feet above sea level.


CD Albums played thus far (in no particular order): Pieces of You (Jewel, 1995), Come Away with Me (Norah Jones, 2002), Moulin Rouge soundtrack (2001), Lying Awake (Ellery, 2006), Life for Rent (Dido, 2002), Ozomatli (1998), Best of Simon & Garfunkel - Greatest Hits, The Beatles 1, random mix albums


Funny lines of the day:

“This trip has been made possible by cruise control.” ~ Ann (somewhere in Kansas)


“I’m tired of being a nomad.” ~ Jenny (somewhere in Kansas)


Shout outs:

-To all our friends in Missouri, thank you for your wonderful well wishes and bits of wisdom.


-Lydia, we wish you safe travels back to Minneapolis!


-Anna, good luck with your move to Denver in September! Next time we pass through, we’ll drop by!


-Rob and Kathy, thank you for inspiring us with your love, enthusiasm, and generosity. We were so sad to leave you yesterday! Until the next visit ...


Link to Photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=453862&id=737260531&l=3e2019bcb1

4 comments:

  1. JENNY! Hang in there, kansas is the only bad part of your drive! Call me from the road! I'll call when I leave class today

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty, pretty jealous that you two get to do this kind of trip and that you both left little brother behind.

    For shame!

    :( :( :(

    Hahaha nahh it's cool. I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. And I'm sure you didn't have any room in the car for me.

    Sounds like you're both having fun! Happy travels dear sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same Garmin Nuvi on our trip too! We also went from MO to CO in a day, though to different cities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh, thanks for your call - Jenny totally appreciated it! / Mark, we so would have made room in the car. You would have kept us laughing from coast to coast. / Joe, I'm in love with our Garmin Nuvi, also known as Suzy. We are lucky drivers, indeed!

    Thanks for your posts!

    ReplyDelete