Thursday, June 24, 2010

Packing, packing, packing

Packing, packing, packing. Jenny is on me constantly about packing up as much of my stuff as I can in the next two days. Even though the movers come to pick up our things on Monday, we have much to do besides packing this weekend. Interspersed between spewing spurts of packing tape and bubble wrap--which is quickly taking over our apartment--I am shuttling to Manhattan to see friends for last meals together, running to Beacon's Closet to drop off parts of me that I have decided to leave behind (my two-sizes-too-small pastel blue capri pants, a cute red purse in the shape of an upside down hatchet head, etc. etc.), arranging lodging plans with kind friends across the country willing to take pity on two New York nomads traveling to San Francisco, and practicing for a performance on Sunday. On Saturday, I'm off to Greenwich, Connecticut, to see my dear friend Christine--the first person I met when I arrived in New York six-and-a-half years ago--get married. How fitting it is that she will be one of the last people I see off before I leave!

Yes, much to pack before this weekend ...

No comments:

Post a Comment